- Don't use cramfs. That has been deprecated and replaced with squashfs a long time ago. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cramfs
- Use ipxe to boot from http and load vmlinux / initrd / filesystem.squashfs all over http so much faster hypervisor boots. You can even use ipxe to load boot config from web page so that can be controlled by apache/php/mysql instead of raw text files
- Make everything boot to memory with minimal nfs mounts (only like rescue templates and onapp templates should load from nfs mount)
- You can set squashfs to be X size and actually have a livecd root partition / living in memory so users could install basic rpm packages like lsi raid utilities, zabbix agent for better hypervisor monitoring and many other things.
- Centos 7. I didn't forget about this one :-) The updated kvm features and systemd and many other things that come along with centos 7 would be awesome. I know its a bit of a code re-work to support centos 7 but its much needed.
Please sign in to leave a comment.