After upgrading compute resources to Xen >= 4.8, some virtual servers keep crashing or a kernel panic occurs in five minutes after they are started.
OnApp 6.0 with computer resources based on Xen 4.8
The following are some of the affected distributions and their kernel versions:
- Debian 8.x kernel version 3.16.*
- CentOS 7.x kernel kernel version 3.10.*
- Ubuntu 14.x kernel version 3.13.*
- Ubuntu 13.x kernel version 3.8.*
To resolve the issue, add the following kernel options to the kernel parameter line:
- On Debian, add 'mce=off' in the /boot/grub/menu.lst file.
- On CentOS, add 'mce=off' in the /boot/grub/grub.conf file.
This is a known issue and you can find more information about the issue at: