What is full site integration? When should I use it?
Full site integration is what we call it when you deliver ALL contents in your website (Static or non-static) through the CDN.
For example: your website is www.example.com and all the contents are serve through this URL.
Use the following setup:
(1) Create a HTTP PULL CDN resource
(2) CDN hostname: www.example.com
(3) Origin : 188.8.131.52 (IP origin of www.example.com
(4) Setup cname for www.example.com to xxxx.r.worldcdn.net (provided in instruction page upon cdn resource creation)
(5) Set a redirection rule at web origin to redirect "example.com" to "www.example.com"
Visitors who visit to "www.example.com" or "example.com" would serve the website content using CDN. All content would be cached in the CDN pop when full site acceleration is setup.
NOTE: You should configure dynamic content such as databases to not be cached.
For dynamic content, you can exclude specific files from being cached by OnApp CDN. This way, a fresh copy is pulled from the origin (but delivered through the CDN).