The usage of SNI SSL certificate for CDN resources is supported and is free of charge. The management of SNI SSL certificates can be done by admin and user in CP version 4.0 onwards.
- An admin and/or a user may add one or more SSL certificates in CP.
- A SSL certificate (made available through CP in Point 1) is assignable to one or more resources.
- A CDN resource can be linked to a SSL certificate (made available through CP in Point 1) , however the user account of the SSL certificate being added and the CDN resource must be the same.
- Removal of a CDN resource does not affect the status of the SSL linked to that CDN resource.
- Removal of a SSL certificate (made available through CP in Point 1) is not allowed if it is linked to a CDN resource.
Guide - CP version 4.0 onwards
To add a SNI SSL:
- Go to http://<YOUR_CP_URL>/cdn_ssl_certificates.
- Key in the SNI SSL Certificate key in PEM format (including Chain Certificates). The site certificate block should come first, followed by the chain certificate.
- Key in the SNI SSL Private Key (RSA)
To link a SNI SSL to a CDN resource:
- Go to "CDN resource" page
- Click on the specific CDN resource
- Click edit to edit the specific CDN resource
- Associate the SNI SSL to the specific CDN resource
If "SSL Status" is "off", please check that all your certificate blocks are entered in the correct order. This can be done with the tool at https://ssllabs.com .
If any SNI SSL certificates were installed prior upgrade to CP 4.0, the management of these certificates has to be performed by OnApp. Kindly file a ticket to OnApp Support.
Guide - Prior CP version 4.0
If you are using CP prior to version 4.0, kindly upgrade your CP to latest version in order to take full advantage of this feature.
Please submit a ticket to OnApp Support if SNI SSL installation is required. The process is as follow:
- Create a CDN resource with a CDN hostname , you then submit custom ssl request to support by stating
- CDN Hostname or Resource ID
- SNI SSL Certificate Key in PEM format together with Chain Certificates
- SNI SSL Private Key
- We will perform the installation within 48-72 hours.