Dear OnApp Cloud Hosts,
We have released a new update for OnApp Cloud 3.0.8 which includes the important Xen4 CentOS kernel fix.
Hypervisors affected by this issue should be upgraded in accordance with the instructions:
- Make sure your hypervisor is visible and online in the Control Panel.
- Download the OnApp repository:
bash#> wget http://rpm.repo.onapp.com/repo/centos/5/onapp-repo.noarch.rpm
bash#> rpm -Uvh onapp-repo.noarch.rpm
bash#> yum clean all
- Install the OnApp hypervisor installer package:
bash#> yum update onapp-hv-install
- Edit custom hypervisor configuration:
Edit the /onapp/onapp-hv.conf file to set hypervisor custom values, such as NTP time sync server, Xen Dom0 memory configuration data and number of loopback interfaces:
#vi /onapp/onapp-hv.confCustom values must be set before the installer script runs.
- Run the OnApp hypervisor installer script:
bash# /onapp/onapp-hv-install/onapp-hv-xen-install.shTo get information about the installer and its properties, such as packages update, templates download and non-interactive mode, run the script with -h option.
- Configure the hypervisor for your cloud. This step is also required to enable the SNMP statistics receiver configuration:
bash#> /onapp/onapp-hv-install/onapp-hv-config.sh -h <CP_HOST_IP> -p [HV_HOST_IP] -f <FILE_TRANSFER_SERVER_IP>
You should only perform this upgrade for CentOS6 Xen4 hypervisors.
For details, see: