Moving Windows Virtual Servers from Xen to KVM
All OnApp versions
Please be aware that OnApp does not officially support this procedure and sometimes it may cause BSOD, so please use it at your own risk.
To move Windows Xen virtual servers on KVM HVs it is necessary to completely uninstall XEN drivers by executing the following steps:
1. Stop Xen VS from inside and take backup #1 (so that it will be possible to recover this VS)
2. Startup Xen VS and uninstall Xen drivers
3. Stop Xen VS from inside and take backup #2
4. Convert backup #2 to custom template
5. Change database record for this template:
update templates set virtualization='kvm' where id= [template_id];
6. Create new VS on KVM HV
To keep Xen VS SIDs in the new KVM VS, you may disable the 'run sysprep' option for appropriate KVM HV group.