Password is correct, but cannot log into VM remotely. Network and console are working.
This can sometimes be caused by the sshd_config settings disallowing ssh from a specific user, or from root.
We will need to edit the sshd_config file to allow us to connect.
- Follow this article to be sure you have correct password: Reset Password
- Log into console of VM as root
- Run command "vi /ect/ssh/sshd_config"
- Inside the editor edit the config file to allow you to connect in the correct way. This can vary depending on how you'd like it set up but common settings to look at are:
"PermitRootLogin yes/no" -- This setting allows or disallows ssh from root.
"AllowUsers user1 user2" -- This setting only allows users on this list to gain access.
"DenyUsers user1 user2" -- This setting denies specific users access.
- You can read more about settings in sshd_config here.
- After you have edited the file you will need to restart your ssh service "/etc/init.d/sshd restart"