How can I change the language of a Windows 2008 VM to make a custom template in that another language?
If you have a client base that requires Windows virtual servers supplied in another language please follow the steps below to create a customised language template for Windows 2008:
- Build a Windows 2008 virtual machine
- Visit the following website and download the required pack on your virtual machine:
- Extract the Image using a program like WinRAR and follow the extracted installer.
- Change the default language as instructed by the installer.
- Uninstall WinRAR.
- Exit the remote desktop connection.
- Backup the machine.
- Once the virtual machine has been backed up, convert it to a custom OS template.