I have a new Data Store, how do I add it to my cloud?
The following presumes that you have already configured the hypervisor to see the ISCSI/ATAoE/FC or other block device it is connecting to, including any required multipath configuration. The target disk should be shown when running a fdisk -l.
IMPORTANT: Do this procedure only once per datastore!
Be very careful to choose the disk/partition you wish to use for storing VM data:
- Add the new data store to OnApp via the WebUI.
- Go to Settings -> Data stores menu
- Press Add New Data Store button.
- On the screen that appears indicate the data store details and the data store capacity
- After creation, check the data store identifier:
- Go back to the data stores page and read the IDENTIFIER.
- Login via SSH to the hypervisor, to which you want to add this data store.
- Create the physical volume (Replace xxx with the real device name):
- bash#> pvcreate --metadatasize 50M /dev/xxx
- Create the volume group (Replace xxx with the real device name and IDENTIFIER with the info from the datastore page in the UI):
- df bash#>vgcreate onapp-IDENTIFIER /dev/xxx
6. Add the datastore to the hypervisor:
- Settings > HV> Click the HV > Settings Tab > manage datastores.
- Choose the datastore and click the add button
Repeat the step 6 for other hypervisors.