|We moved this page to our Documentation Portal. You can find the latest updates here.|
Unicast or Multiplecast
1) Streams a video file (not a live video stream from a camera)
2) The client's player first saves the part of the video (not the whole file) and then play it.
3) It is sent via unicast connection, so if the video bitrate is 300Kb/s and there are 100 people watching, it requires 30 000 Kb/s
LIVE STREAMING (Multicast):
1) stream is never saved to client's hard drive and I can't seek it
2) send via multicast, so if the video bitrate is 300Kb/s and there are 100 people watching, it still requires only 300 Kb/s from the camera to CDN PoPs