|We moved this page to our Documentation Portal. You can find the latest updates here.|
What is a Live Streaming CDN Resource?
A Live Streaming CDN Resource delivers live streaming through the CDN network. The protocols we support: RTMP, RTSP (Android OS), MPEG-TS, Microsoft Silverlight (Microsoft smooth streaming), HDS (HTTP Dynamic Streaming), Apple HLS.
The detailed workflow is as follows:
(1) The content owner publishes the live event through a video camera, live encoder, etc., using a publishing point server within the CDN (internal publishing point), or
(1b) using the existing external publishing point for the live streaming source (external publishing point).
(2) The live streaming will be served through the streaming edge servers within the CDN.
(3) A visitor requests to view the live event.
(4) The OnApp core CDN logic determines which streaming edge server is best placed to deliver that content.
(5) Visitor loads the video at the fastest speed.